You are here
New ENVBuoy cuts costs by half that of current models
After years of working monitoring lakes reservoirs and estuaries for environmental studies, the team here at ENVCO Global found shortcomings in the market for a low cost buoy.
ENVCO Global develoment manager, Murphy O’Neal says that the cheapest purpose built buoy typically costs about US$8,000.00, compared to the ENVCO Global model which is half that price at $US4,000.
The ENVCO Globla buoy offers a number of benefits:
• Easy to use and transport by a single person
• Removable instrument bucket for dry work
• Wet connector
• Self-righting design
• Streams and rivers
• Ponds and Reservoirs
“We’ve stripped back all the options so that clients can configure the buoy to meet their specific need, rather than being burned with options they’ll never use,” says Murphy.
The buoy provides:
• Power (10Watt) and bulkhead fittings for power
• A generous watertight 22 litre bucket (330mm opening) large enough for 40ah batteries with all marine grade materials.
• A hollow Polyethylene float which can be filled with foam (as an optional) at time of order or later on.
• AIRMAR SDI-12 Weather Station with GPS, wind speed and direction, compass and pitch roll.
• Clear bucket Lid
• Full instrument packages
• Buoy to bottom depth sensor
• Buoy bottom surface frames and cages for sensors and moorings
• Connectors can be specified at time of order or in association with instrument needs.
• Weight • Materials - 316 Stainless Steel, Marine Grade Aluminium, PVC, Polyethylene
• Color – Orange Standard (Custom Color Available)
• Solar Power - 10 Watt (included)
• Connector - Single 2 pin 90⁰ Subconn for power (Additional connectors optional)
• Seals – Single buna o-ring with secondary grease seal.
• Vent – Gorevent
• Complete Buoy
• Height - 370.5mm
• Diameter – Ø 840mm
ENVBuoy: Envco medium sized buoy, standard
• 2 Pin-9 Pin options
• Wetconnect Ethernet Plugs