You are here
HMT330MIK Meteorological Installation Kit
The Vaisala Meteorological Installation Kit HMT330MIK enables the Vaisala HUMICAP® Humidity and Temperature Transmitter HMT337 to be installed outdoors to obtain reliable measurements for meteorological purposes.
The HMT337 with warmed probe installed with the HMT330MIK kit is the right choice for reliable humidity measurement in humid weather conditions.
In weather observations dew formation makes reliable humidity measurement difficult. When dew has formed on the humidity sensor, it is impossible to obtain a true reading until this dew evaporates.
The HMT337 avoids this problem by warming the probe. When warmed, the relative humidity inside the probe stays below the ambient level. With an accurate temperature measurement, the ambient dewpoint can be calculated precisely.
• For outdoor humidity and temperature measurements
• Can be ordered in a variety of configurations
• Used together with HMT337 transmitter
• Warmed probe provides true humidity readings in condensing conditions
• Humidity measurement expressed as relative humidity and/or dewpoint temperature
• Easy field calibration with the HM70 hand-held meter
• Vaisala SPH 10/20 Static Pressure Head eliminates effectively pressure variations in the barometer caused by wind calculates the relative humidity from the dewpoint and temperature values.
The warmed humidity probe of the HMT337 is mounted in a shield which is open at the bottom to ensure steady air circulation to the sensor even in calm weather.
In traditional radiation shields sleet or snow can accumulate on the shield and prevent the proper air circulation through the shield, and create a humid microclimate until the snow melts.
Essential for critical weather measurements
Obtaining a true humidity reading is particularly important e.g. in traffic safety: at airports and at sea as well as on the roads. It is essential, for example, in fog and frost prediction.
Please read specification sheet and order guide prior to placing an order. Vaisala products are professional grade instruments and have options specific to your application. This information needs to be detailed.