You are here
InsiteIG Suspended Solids Sensor
The Model 15 Suspended Solids Sensor incorporates near infrared technology, solid state electronics, and custom geometry.
Near infrared technology provides increased dependability of the reading when color changes in the solids occur. Solid state electronics increases consistency of the reading and reliable digital communications up to 2000 ft. Our custom geometry optimizes the sensor for its measurement range and facilitates the integrated jet clean.
Continuous SS sensors come standard with tool free ¼" O. D. tubing connectors for the integrated jet clean and 33ft (10m) of sensor communications cable. Additional cable length is available upon request.
- Measuring Range: 0 to 1500 mg/l total suspended solids
- Accuracy: +/- 5% of the reading or +/- 2 mg/l whichever is greater
- Repeatability: +/- 1% of the reading or +/- 2 mg/l whichever is greater
- Response Time: 95% in under 60 seconds
1 mg/l below 1000 mg/l,
10 mg/l from 1001 to 1500 mg/l
- Drift: less than 1% per year
- Temp. Range: 0°C to 60°C
- 1-½" MNPT mounting thread
- 33ft (10m) sensor cable
- ¼" O.D. tube connection for jet cleaning
Method of Operation
The sensors operate on the principle of single gap light absorption as a means of detecting the presence of suspended solids. The sensors utilize a near infrared emitter to minimize color effects and compensates for emitter variations due to temperature by measuring source brightness.
- Model 15 Sensor is our standard sensor mount. This model features all of the above with a PVC 1-½" NPT male mounting thread. Recommended for: 250 - 30,000 mg/l
- Model 15L Sensor is designed to measure very low solids concentrations typically found in secondary clarifier and plant effluents. This model has a PVC 1-½" NPT male mounting thread. Recommended for: 0 - 1500 mg/l
- Model 15PI Sensor is intended for in-line monitoring in a large diameter pipe . The mount is 2" NPT male thread in 316 stainless steel that works with a customer supplied 2" Thread-O-Let. The integrated jet clean with this sensor includes an in-line check valve. There is a flow indication groove on the back of the sensor mount that should be parallel with the flow. Maximum in-line pressure is 20 psi. Recommended for: 250 - 30,000 mg/l
- Model 15T Suspended Solids Sensor is intended for sample by-pass lines of mixed liquor, return, or waste activated sludge. The by-pass loop is generally configured using customer supplied full port ball valves on both sides of the tee. The supplied tee (as shown) is Schedule 80 PVC, with 3" slip connections for process piping and a 2" female NPT connection for the SS probe. The integrated jet clean with this sensor includes an in-line check valve. There is a flow indication groove on the back of the sensor mount that should be parallel with the flow. Maximum in-line pressure is 20 psi. Recommended for: 250 - 30,000 mg/l
Continuous sensors to be used with the below analyzers.