You are here
NexSens CB-40 Data Buoy
- Integrated 4" diameter stainless steel slotted instrument pipe
- Supports 1-3 nautical mile light for deployment in navigable waters
- Lightweight system can be deployed by a single person
The CB-40 Data Buoy offers a compact and affordable platform for deploying water quality sondes and other instruments that integrate power and data logging. The lightweight platform can be deployed from small boats, large vessels or even helicopters, making it the ideal choice for applications where water needs to be monitored at a moment’s notice.
The buoy is constructed of an inner core of cross-linked polyethylene foam with a tough polyurea skin and stainless steel frame. An optional 1-3 NM solar marine light mounts over the topside access hole, and three eyenuts offer a convenient lifting point. The CB-40 supports a 1, 2, or 3-point mooring via bottom bow shackle and three eyenuts. Optional accessories include chain, shackles and anchors for buoy mooring.
The CB-40 Data Buoy weighs 38 lbs. with no payload and approximately 45 lbs. with integrated solar marine light and water quality sonde. The 4" stainless steel instrument pipe securely houses the instrument and includes slotted holes for water flow. Compatible instruments include YSI 6-Series & EXO sondes, Hydrolab Series 5 & HL sondes, Eureka Manta & Manta+ sondes, and In-Situ Aqua TROLL instruments.
- Hull Outer Diameter: 14.0” (35.6cm)
- Hull Height: 20.0” (50.8cm)
- Instrument Pipe Inner Diameter: 3.9” (9.83cm)
- Instrument Pipe Height: 48.0" (121.9cm)
- Weight: 38 lb (17kg)
- Net Buoyancy: 40 lb (18kg)
- Hull Material: Cross-linked polyethylene foam with polyurea coating & stainless steel deck
- Hardware Material: 304 stainless steel
- Mooring Attachments: 3x 5/8” eyenuts