You are here
NexSens CB-250 Data Buoy
- Integrated 15-watt solar panels for 45-watts of solar charging
- Three 2" diameter sensor holes with female NPT threads for sensor deployment
- Topside plate supports solar marine light, weather stations, and other sensors
The NexSens CB-250 Data Buoy is designed for deployment in lakes, rivers, coastal waters, harbors, estuaries and other freshwater or marine environments. The floating platform supports both topside and subsurface environmental monitoring sensors including weather stations, wave sensors, thermistor strings, multi-parameter sondes, Doppler current profilers and other monitoring instruments.
The buoy is constructed of an inner core of cross-linked polyethylene foam with a tough polyurea skin. A topside 20” tall stainless steel tower includes three 15-watt 12VDC semi-flexible solar panels, and a center 10” ID x 19.5” tall instrument well accommodates batteries, data loggers, sensors, and more. Three 2” pass-through holes with female NPT bottom threads allow for quick connection of instrument deployment pipes and custom sensor mounts. The stainless steel frame supports both single point and multi-point moorings.
The CB-250 Data Buoy is optimized for use with NexSens X2-CB data loggers. Wireless telemetry options include cellular, Iridium satellite, and spread spectrum radio. Compatible digital sensor interfaces include RS-232, RS-485 and SDI-12. Each sensor port offers a UW receptacle connector with double O-ring seal for a reliable waterproof connection. For custom integrations, an optional pass through data well lid includes a set of plugs and cable gland fittings.
- Hull Outer Diameter: 30.0” (76.2cm)
- Hull Height: 20.0” (50.8cm)
- Data Well Inner Diameter: 10.3” (26.2cm)
- Data Well Height: 19.5" (49.5cm)
- Pass-Through Hole Diameter: 2.0" (5.1cm)
- Tower Height: 20.0” (50.80cm)
- Solar Panels: 3x 15-watts
- Weight: 115 lb (52kg)
- Net Buoyancy: 250 lb (114kg)
- Hull Material: Cross-linked polyethylene foam with polyurea coating & stainless steel deck
- Hardware Material: 316 stainless steel
- Mooring Attachments: 3x 3/4” eyenuts