Weirs and Flumes

Weirs allow hydrologists and engineers a simple method of measuring the rate of fluid flow in small to medium-sized streams, or in industrial discharge locations. Since the geometry of the top of the weir is known, and all water flows over the weir, the depth of water behind the weir can be converted to a rate of flow. A flume is an open artificial water channel, in the form of a gravity chute, that leads water from a diversion dam or weir completely aside a natural flow. A flume can be used to measure the rate of flow.

Showing all 4 results

Scroll to Top