You are here
Conceived to advance measurement practices, the RiverSurveyor S5 and M9 systems give a whole new perspective to the notion of measuring open channel hydraulics. Multiple acoustic frequencies fused with precise bandwidth control make for the most robust and continuous shallow-to-deep measurements ever. A deterministic microcontroller expertly apportions the proper acoustics, pulse scheme, and cell size so you can focus on the measurement - not the instrument setup. The system even has a vertical beam for precise channel definition - and it's all designed to work intuitively.
Doppler technology has several inherent advantages that make it the preferred method for current measurement.
It's an immense goal - to build a river discharge measurement system without the traditional limitations. It had to be small, portable and so easy to use that anyone could make a measurement. It had to be so robust that it could be used just about anywhere in the world under extreme conditions. The results had to be immediately recognisable. Conceived to advance measurement practices, the RiverSurveyor S5 and M9 systems give a whole new perspective to the notion of open channel hydraulic measurements.
• Multiple acoustic frequencies* Combines the highest resolution with the greatest range of depths
• Vertical acoustic beam* Superior channel definition, extends the maximum measurable discharge depth
• Automated cell size* Always uses the optimal resolution for channel depth – no user input required.
• Automated pulse scheme and frequency hopping* Automatically adjusts the acoustic Doppler sampling (ping) scheme for channel conditions. User does not need to pre-program unit.
• Microprocessor computed discharge and secure data* All discharge computations are done within the S5 or M9 unit internally (not in the computer!) – No lost data from communications drop outs
• Standard 360º compass and two-axis tilt sensor Compensates for vessel motion due to surface conditions.
• Reverberation control with ping rates to 70Hz High ping rates ensure extremely robust data collection.
• Pulse-coherent processing Maximizes high resolution performance in shallow water.
• Bottom-tracking High precision vessel tracking and depth measurement without GPS requirement
• RTK GPS (optional) Ultra precise earth-referenced positioning as an alternative to bottom tracking in moving bed or other difficult situations.
-Profiling Range (Distance) 0.06m to 5m
-Profiling Range (Velocity) +/- 20 m/s
-Accuracy Up to +/- 0.25% of measured velocity; +/- 0.2cm/s1
-Resolution 0.001 m/s
-Number of Cells Up to128
-Cell Size 0.02m to 0.5m
Transducer Configuration Five (5) Transducers; 4-beam 3.0 MHz Janus at 25º Slant Angle; 1.0 MHz Vertical Beam
-Range 0.20m to 15m
-Range with Bottom-Track 0.3m to 5m
-Range with RTK GPS 0.3m to 15m
RS-S5 RiverSurveyor S5 system
Portable S5 five-beam 3.0 MHz/1.0 MHz acoustic Doppler current profiler/discharge measurement system intended for use from moving boats and other floating platforms in shallow channels. System is provided in a 5 inch (13 cm) diameter Delrin housing and consists of 3.0 MHz velocity measurement transducers in a 4-beam Janus configuration, 1.0 MHz vertical acoustic beam for depth measurement, compass/2-axis tilt sensor, temperature sensor, and 8 GB recorder. Features bottom tracking, internal discharge calculation, RiverSurveyor Live! Windows software for real-time display of current profiles, bathymetry and computed discharge measurements, and DGPS interface. System includes power supply and shipping case.
36-0001-010 10m power & RS232 serial communications cable
6054-60501 1-year extended manufacturer warranty on defects and workmanship
28-0030 Bluetooth Telemetry / External Power Module for remote data collection
28-0031 900-MHz Telemetry / External Power Module for remote data collection
28-0003 Bluetooth Telemetry / External Power / SonTek DGPS Module for remote data collection
28-0019 900-MHz Telemetry / External Power / SonTek DGPS Module for remote data collection
28-0024 Bluetooth Telemetry / External Power / SonTek RTK Module for remote data collection
28-0025 900-MHz Telemetry / External Power / SonTek RTK Module for remote data collection
28-0058 SonTek Hydroboard for RiverSurveyor S5 and M9 systems, 36-in (91-cm)
28-0059 SonTek Hydroboard for RiverSurveyor S5 and M9 systems, 47-in (119-cm)
24-0033 SonTek Hydroboard soft carrying case, for 36-in (91-cm) Hydroboard
24-0095 SonTek Hydroboard soft carrying case, for 47-in (119-cm) Hydroboard
24-0008-02 Oceanscience Group Riverboat trimaran for RiverSurveyor S5 and M9 ADP systems