You are here
Periphyton Samplers 156-D30
Periphyton are microorganisms growing on submerged surfaces and are a good indication of comparative water quality. However, they can be difficult to collect due to the lack of natural substrates. We’re proud to state that Wildco® developed this floating artificial substrate sampler specifically for the EPA. When placed at any depth in a stream, reservoir or lake and secured with a line and anchor (not included), algae grows on the glass slides. Remove the slides after 2 weeks and examine the algae, zebra mussels and other growth under a microscope for identification and counting.
• Self-righting yet rugged. Remains in position due to snap-on current deflector which resists action of waves
• Low profile, shadowless, and inconspicuous
• Stainless steel wire frame holds transparent, removable slide tray. Fastens at three points for secure anchorage.
• Two polyurethane floats attach to the ends of the frame and are held by locking rings so the sampler can float.
• One-piece plastic slide tray holds 16 glass microscope slides that rest just below the surface: 25 x 76 mm (1 x 3”) Important! 25 x 75 mm slides are too small and will not work.
• Two locking plates on each tray allow loading in the lab, then transporting. Plates snap in and out of the frame without tools.
• Safe from waves due to the snap-on current deflector
• Overall dimensions: 300 mm long x 200 mm wide x 165 mm high
• Meets EPA recommendations (Version # 2, Ohio)
156-D30 Periphyton Sampler
156-D35 Periphyton Sampler, Pack 10
156-E40 Replacement trays/ glass slides
156-G10 Replacement slides only, Pack 16
156-E45 Trays and slides, Pack 10
156-E47 Trays, no slides, Pack 10