You are here
Large Diameter Filter Scavenger
The ORS Large Diameter Filter Scavenger is a high efficiency product recovery system capable of recovering Light Non-Aqueous Phase Liquids (LNAPL) from water. It can be used in open environments such as manholes, ponds, trenches, open lagoons or large diameter wells up to 20' deep.
Large Diameter Filter Scavenger for Trenches, Manholes or Open Water
The ORS Large Diameter Filter Scavenger™ has a floating collection element or “buoy” designed to float precisely at the oil-water interface. This allows hydrocarbons to flow into a collection basin within the unit automatically. This unit is so effective that product layers can be reduced to a sheen.
When approximately one litre of hydrocarbons collects in the buoy base, a float switch is activated, turning the pump on and thus water-free product is automatically pumped into a recovery tank. A water sensing switch is also located within the buoy - should water enter the buoy, a density switch is activated, shutting off the pump and activating an alarm light. This automatic feature prevents recovered hydrocarbons from being contaminated by water.
• Efficiently separates hydrocarbons from water in situ using an oleophilic/hydrophobic membrane
• Intake floats on the water surface and automatically adjusts as water level fluctuates
• Intrinsically safe explosion-proof design
• Portable self-contained design for quick and easy start-up, ideal for emergency response
• Durable construction for harsh field conditions
• Recovers hydrocarbons to a sheen
• Salt water and aromatic hydrocarbon models available.