You are here
Ultra-Curb Guard Plus
Protect Curb Inlets From Sediment-Laden Stormwater Runoff
• Quick and easy installation.
• Modular design — build to any length.
• Units can be quickly and easily connected to form longer lengths.
• Wedge-shaped, heavy-duty foam secures unit in curb inlet.
• Woven, polypropylene material provides high flow rate — will not cause ponding or flooding.
• Helps comply with NPDES, 40 CFR 122.26 (1999).
1. Place one Anchoring Wedge on the ends of each 3 foot section.
2. Connect together two sections of the CurbGuard Plus by inserting the Male Pipe Connector into the open end of the Female Pipe Fitting. (gluing the sections together using PVC cement is optional)
3. Once the two sections are connected together, slide the Anchoring Wedge to cover and seal off the seam area between the two sections.
4. Align the CurbGuard Plus with the Sediment Flap facing down (to touch the pavement). This will form a barrier against water flowing underneath the unit and will prevent water/sediment bypass.
5. Install the assembled unit into the “throat” of the curb inlet by pushing each Anchoring Wedge down into proper position (Note: The black corrugated plastic covered part of the Wedge should face down—toward the ground) . At the ends of the curb inlet, position the Anchoring Wedges to seal off the corners.
Note: The top of each Anchoring Wedge is perforated. If the Wedge is too large for the inlet, simply tear off the top section and reinstall (a second perforation is available if needed). The front of the Anchoring Wedges should be flush with the face of the inlet.
9248 Dimensions: 4” dia. x 36” L (102 mm x 915 mm)
9251 Dimensions: 4” dia. x 48” L (102 mm x 1,220 mm)