You are here
SDI-12 to 4-20mA Converter
WaterLogs Precision 16-bit, SDI-12 to 4-20mA current transmitter.
With the WATERLOG® Model H-4161 SDI-12 to 4-20mA interface you can connect any SDI-12 sensor to a PLC, RTU or other device which has a 4-20mA input.
• Precision 16-bit, 4-20mA current transmitter.
• 1000V output isolation from the SDI-12 bus.
• Can monitor the SDI-12 bus for a specified sensor address and data parameter.
• Can initiate measurements to an attached sensor if no data logger is used.
• Programmable Max and Min data set-points for automatic data scaling into 4-20mA units.
• Manual “set” of the 4-20mA output for testing via an extended SDI-12 command.
• Built-in 2-line LCD display shows the current SDI-12 data and milliamp output values.
• Detachable connectors With the WATERLOG® Model H-4161 SDI-12 to 4-20mA interface you can connect any SDI-12 sensor to a PLC, RTU or other device which has a 4-20mA input.
The H-4161 monitors the communication between a data logger and its sensors and captures measurement data from a specified sensor and data parameter. If no data logger is needed, the H-4161 can initiate measurements itself.
4-20mA Current Transmitter
Type: 2-wire, loop powered
Isolation: 1000V r.m.s min
Loop Voltage: 5.5V min, 35V max
Resolution: 16 bits
Non-linearity: ±0.01% of FS max
Offset Drift: ±25ppm of FS/ ° C max
Voltage Input: 9 to 16 Volts DC
Surge Protection: Built in, 1.5 KVA
Sleep mode 2.1 mA typ
Active 8.0 mA typ
Baud Rate: 1200
Protocol: SDI-12, 7-bit even parity, 1 stop bit
Output Voltage Levels:
Minimum High Level: 3.5 volts
Maximum Low Level: 0.8 volts
SDI-12 measurement sequence:
aM!: 0-seconds, 1-parameter
all other: 1- second, 1-parameter
Type: 2-line x 16-character, reflective
Operating Temperature: -0° C to +50° C
Storage Temperature: -20° C to +60° C
Monitor: Monitor the SDI-12 port for “aD0!”
commands, update the 4-20mA output
Initiate: Initiate measurements on the AuxSDI
port, update the 4-20 mA output,
data is available via “aM!” on the
primary SDI-12 port
Transparent: SDI-12 and AuxSDI ports are connected together
Model H-4161 SDI-12 to 4-20mA Interface