You are here
WaterScout Soil Moisture/EC/Temperature Sensor
Identify situations where soil salinity is an issue or where certain moisture and temperature conditions facilitate soil-borne diseases.
WaterScout SMEC 300 Soil Moisture/EC/Temperature Sensor
Whether it’s container pots in a greenhouse or turf on a putting green, the salinity of the root zone is a critical element for healthy plant growth. Irrigation, fertilizers, and crop demand all impact salt concentrations. High levels can damage the plant: low levels can lead to nutrient deficiencies.
Identify situations where soil salinity is an issue or where certain moisture and temperature conditions facilitate soil-borne diseases
• Capacitance-type soil moisture sensor
• Carbon ink electrodes provide large measuring surface for electrical conductivity (EC)
• Easy, 1-step EC calibration process
• Can be read with the FieldScout Soil Sensor Reader (Item 6466) or WatchDog 2000 and 1000 Series Stations
• Connect up to 4 sensors per station
• WaterScout Calibration Device (Item 6470CAL3V) required unless using Soil Sensor Reader (Item 6466)
Standard Interface: WatchDog station, FieldScout soil moisture reader
Range: VWC: 0% VWC to saturation, EC: 0 to 10 mS/cm, Temp: 33 - 175°F (0.5 - 80°C)
Resolution: VWC: 0.1%, EC: 0.01 mS/cm, Temp: 0.1°F (0.1°C)
Accuracy: VWC: 3%, EC: ± 2%, Temp: ± 1.4°F (0.8°C)
Cable Length: 6 ft (1.8 m) and 20 ft (6 m) standard, extendable up to 50 ft (15 m)
Power Requirements: 3V @ 6 to 10 mA
Output: Analog voltage, time division multiplexed
Sensing Area: 2.25 in. x 0.75 in.
SPC6470-6 WaterScout SMEC 300 Sensor - 6ft
SPC6470-20 WaterScout SMEC 300 Sensor - 20ft
SPCPC6470CAL3V- WaterScout Calibration Device* This item is required for the product to function properly
SPC6466 FieldScout Soil Sensor Reader