You are here
WaterScout Soil Moisture Sensor
Place soil moisture sensor at multiple depths to help determine both when and how much to water.
WaterScout SM 100 Soil Moisture Sensor
Maintaining a healthy soil moisture and water balance is essential for producing high quality plants. Under-watered plants suffer from nutrient deficiencies, stunting and wilting. Conversely, over-watered plants are more susceptible to disease pressure and less tolerant of dry conditions later on in their life cycle. Extreme over-watering will suffocate the plant and lead to root death.
• Measures Volumetric Water Content (VWC) of soil
• Capacitance-type sensor responds immediately to changes in soil moisture content for better irrigation decisions
• Calibrated for mineral soils or soilless media
• Installs easily into 3/4 in (1.9 cm) hole
• Install permanently or use to take spot measurements
• Can be read with the FieldScout Soil Sensor Reader (Item 6466) or WatchDog 2000 and 1000 Series Stations
• Connect up to 8 sensors to one station Not compatible with 400/200 loggers. WatchDog Stations sold prior to 2009 must be upgraded.
• NEW Calibration feature: Sensors with "3/14" code can be re-calibrated using the FieldScout Soil Sensor Reader (item 6466) or the WaterScout Calibration Device (item 6470CAL3V)
SPC6460 WaterScout SM 100 Sensor 6ft (1.8m)
SPC6460-20 WaterScout SM 100 Sensor 20ft (6m)