You are here
Forestry PRO II Laser Rangefinder/Hypsometer
The ultimate forestry tool, this precision rangefinder/hypsometer provides accurate range, height, and angle measurements. The Forestry PRO II features enhanced ranging capability, improved accuracy, faster response time, and on-board storage for up to 250 measurements.
Accurate, dependable and reliable range and height measurement
Forestry PRO II measures actual distance; horizontal distance; height; angle and both the difference in height between two targets (vertical separation) and three-point measurements (height between two points). The Forestry PRO II’s Target Priority system can detect and range extremely small or thin targets like power lines or small branches.
The external LCD display features an enhanced pixel count and adjustable backlighting for easier viewing in any light condition. For forestry work, Forestry PRO II’s two-point measurement can be used to measure the height of a tree when both top and base are visible. The height between the two points will be displayed in the viewfinder and on the external LCD. If the top or base is not visible, Forestry PRO II provides a three point mode that calculates the horizontal distance, then measures the angles to the top and base to calculate the height. The Forestry PRO II is waterproof and comes complete with a field case, quick start guide, and battery.
- Measurement range: 7.5-1,600m/8-1,750 yd./25-5,250 ft.
- In addition to actual distance, horizontal distance, height, angle and vertical separation (difference in height between two targets) measurement functions, three-point measurement (height between two points) is available
- The results are displayed on both internal and external LCD panels. The external panel displays all results simultaneously.
- The external display employs backlighting for easy visibility even in dark situations, such as for forestry. Backlight brightness is adjustable to three levels.
- The log function enables up to 250 measurement results to be stored
- Quick and stable measurement response regardless of distance — HYPER READ
- The measurement result can be displayed in approx. 0.3 second on the internal display
- Target Priority Switch System for measuring overlapping subjects:
- First Target Priority mode displays the distance of the closest subject — useful when measuring the distance to a subject in front of an overlapping background.
- Distant Target Priority mode displays that of the farthest subject — useful in wooded areas.
- High-quality 6x monocular with multilayer coating produces bright, clear images
- Long eye relief design affords eyeglass wearers easy viewing
- Dioptre adjustment function
- Single or continuous measurement (up to 8 seconds)
- Waterproof (up to 1m/3.3 ft for 10 minutes) and fogproof, but not designed for underwater usage; the battery chamber is rainproof
- Wide temperature tolerance: -10°C to +50°C/14°F to 122°F
|Measurement range||Distance: 7.5-1,600m/8-1,750 yd./25-5,250 ft.
|Maximum measurement distance (tree)*||1,100m/1,200 yd./3,600 ft.|
|Distance display (increment)||[Internal Display]
Act (Actual Distance):
every 0.1m/yd./ft. (shorter than 999.9m/yd./ft.)
every 1m/yd./ft. (1000.0 m/yd./ft. and over)
Hor (Horizontal Distance) and Hgt (Height):
Act (Actual Distance), Hor (Horizontal Distance) and Hgt (Height):
|Accuracy** (actual distance)||±0.3 m/±0.3 yd./±0.9 ft (shorter than 1,000 m/1,000 yd./3,280 ft)
±1.0 m/±1.0 yd./±3.0 ft (1,000 m/1,000 yd./3,280 ft and over)
|Effective objective diameter (mm)||21|
|Actual field of view (°)||7.5|
|Exit pupil (mm)||3.5|
|Eye relief (mm)||18.0|
|Dimensions (LxHxW) (mm/inch)||110 x 74 x 42/4.3 x 2.9 x 1.7|
|Weight (excluding battery) (g/oz.)||170/6.0|
|Power source||CR2 lithium battery x 1 (DC 3V)
Auto power shut-off (after approx. 30 sec. unoperated)
|Waterproof structure||Waterproof (up to 1m/3.3 ft. for 10 minutes), fogproof
Battery chamber is rainproof — JIS/IEC protection class 4 (IPX4) equivalent
(under Nikon's testing conditions)
|Laser classification||IEC60825-1: Class 1M/Laser Product
FDA/21 CFR Part 1040.10: Class I Laser Product
|Electromagnetic compatibility||FCC Part15 SubPartB class B, EU:EMC directive, AS/NZS, VCCI classB, CU TR 020, ICES-003|