You are here
The VWnote is a handheld device which takes readings from vibrating wire (VW) sensors and stores them on the internal memory for retrieval later via a USB pen drive.The VWnote can read most commercially available vibrating wire sensors.
The VWnote can be used to read Vibrating Wire sensors for geotechnical and structural monitoring.
The VWnote is a handheld device which takes readings from vibrating wire (VW) sensors and stores them on the internal memory for retrieval later via a USB pen drive. It uses the Fast Fourier Transformation (FFT) based reading algorithm, which not only gives more reliable readings, but also gives the user the ability to check the quality of each reading, rejecting it when there is too much interference. The VWnote can read most commercially available vibrating wire sensors.
• Portable and rugged
• Compatible with most commonly used VW sensors
• Real-time display of VW sensor readings in engineering units as well as in Hz, Hz2/1000 and period
• FFT-based data reading algorithm for interference-free readings
• Reads with the default full sweep frequency range (450-6000Hz) or any user definable range
• Fully configurable reading and displaying parameters of each sensor
• Large data storage (2GB) and easy data retrieval via a USB pen drive
• Firmware upgradable via USB pen drive by the user – no need for a PC and no need to return it back to factory
• Powered by four AA alkaline batteries with long battery life, 30 hours without back-light and 15 hours with back-light. User selectable back-light for the display, auto shutdown after six minutes of inactivity.
Built with state-of-the-art electronic components and the latest firmware technology, each VWnote comes with many powerful built-in functions. These functions will allow you to customise how readings from each sensor are taken, displayed, stored and managed in order to assure correct and repeatable readings every time.
Vibrating Wire Handheld Recorder with Engineering Units using Fast Fourier Transformation (FFT) Reads VW instruments and thermistors and includes a manual, calibration certificate, batteries, sensor flylead, carry case, USB pen drive and VWnote configuration software
RO-1-VW-2.7 Terminal box flylead VW and temperature readout to terminal box R0-T
RO-1-VW-2.8 Cable plug flylead VW and temperature logger to cable plug CA-4.6
MAN-230 VWnote user manual